Monday, November 29, 2004

The Bondage of Catholicism

I believe in the Bible as the only infallible source of God’s truth and revelation of Himself to man. I was born a Catholic and I was born in darkness. I went to catholic school and found no hope in their dogmas and traditions. All I found in the Catholic Church was religion. It is well said that religion is man trying to get a hold of God , but true Christianity is God trying to get a hold of man. Catholicism for me is , to quote the Bible “ holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power”. What power has the Catholic church denied, I’ll tell you it is the power to be “born again”. It is the power to be transformed from a sinner to a saint. It is the central theme of the Bible from cover to cover. The first few verses of Romans 6 will make my point for me: 1 “What shall we say then? Are we to continue in sin so that grace may increase? 2 May it never be! How shall we who died to sin still live in it? 3 Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? 4 Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life.” This newness of life the Apostle Paul spoke of was a necessity, but why ?. I’ll tell you, it was so that someone like me who suffered for 9 years in the bondage of addiction could be set free by Christ’s blood through repentance, a freedom that Catholicism could never offer me. I will close with these comments in the words of Christ “But woe to you hypocrites, because you shut off the kingdom of heaven from people; for you do not enter in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in.” (Matthew 23:13)

1 comment:

andrea said...

i would like to thank you for posting that song in my blog, it really made sense. thanks.
good luck to you with what you are going through.